Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Sealed (really sealed) run capacitors?

Ignoramus30382 wrote:

My coolant pump died today. All points to the run capacitor (there is
no start capacitor). The pump vibrates and overheats, but would not
run.

10 uF, 220v.

The cap is attached to the pump motor by means of a springy bracket.

This is a "sealed capacitor" with no exposed terminals. It is not
like regular caps with push on terminals. There are no exposed
terminals. I can post a picture tomorrow.

I could not find such units at mcmaster or digikey. Are there such
caps sold anywhere at all?

Stuck centrifugal switch? Sure the pump didn't suck in a stray chip and
jam up?