Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default source of silicone mains cable by the metre?

In article
,
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Aug 4, 11:42 pm, "Spamlet" wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in ...

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 04/08/2010 08:05, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi All I would like to rewire my Dad's old 'big copper bit' 85W
soldering iron with some modern silicone mains cable. All the
suppliers I've seen sell it by the reel, and I only want 3m or so. So
- any suggestions for a source? 1.0mm three-core would probably be
fine.

Any plumbers merchant will sell you some off the reel usually (for
immersion heater and CH applications)

Silicone or butyl? And in black?

d.

Buy a cheap garden extension reel and cut a bit off.

What guarantee are you prepared to offer that it will be silicone
cable?

I'll guarantee no cheap garden extension reel will be silicone cable...

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.