Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Technique for dry fitting PVC pipe?

I tried using some dish washing soap, but it didn't help much. Which
got me to wondering if there are any tricks the pros use?

The biggest "trick" I think the pro has is the experience and practice
such that can make stuff fit properly simply by measuring lengths
minimizing the need for nearly as much dry fitting as we diy'ers.

My general approach to a similar situation tends to be to do one joint
at a time so to minimize the accumulated measurements required and then
the last assembly generally isn't bad. Any given situation can lead to
peculiar issues, of course that might make more trials a useful exercise.

$0.02, etc., ...