Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting pig roaster/pics

"Pete C." wrote:

Ignoramus32079 wrote:

On 2010-08-02, Steve B wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Probably not the gear motor you have said was spendy, but just the light
kind off a backyard rotisserie. With proper support, and minimal
resistance, should do smaller amounts of meat. Going to buy the next
rotisserie I see and build a small one. But it will be enclosed, not open
like the one Ig posted.

Looks like a nice, good motor from a chicken rotisserie. Doubtfully it
will turn a 50 lb pig. I bought this motor on eBay:

It is 1/10 HP and I think that it could turn a 50lb pig at 4 RPM after
reduction. I can make sprockets with CNC, so making a reducer should be
easy.

Ooop, and on the next page they have 5 different 120VAC gearmotors with
outputs from 1.8 to 4.6 RPM, and torques from 80-121 in-lb all for less
than $20. If you really want 6 RPM and gear down to the spit, they have
item 5-1712 6 RPM, 120VAC 120 in-lb for $8.99

Get rotiserizing...

How about removing the stop from an old TV antenna rotor? Most were
1 RPM.