Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting pig roaster

Ignoramus28671 wrote:

On 2010-08-01, azotic wrote:

"Ignoramus28671" wrote in message
On 2010-07-31, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus28671" wrote in message
This one was a rental at a party where I am right now.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Pig-Roaster.jpg

Would be great to make one like this.

The motors, this low RPM (5-8) are hard to find actually.

DC motor with a pwm controller should get you in the range.
With variable speed you could experiment with a variety of
different meats, poultry, fish, and veggies. Bodine dc gearhead
motors used to be fairly cheap on ebay. CNC cooker ?

Yes, and no, because you lose on the power. I am glad that Steve B
finds so many low RPM gearmotors. I never found any. I can buy one
from Steve if he wants to part with one. I need 5-15 RPM.

I can make my own custom sprockets now with CNC.

Surplus 3 and 16 RPM AC gearhead motors on this page in the $20
range.

http://www.herbach.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HAR&Category_Co de=MTR

Surplus DC gearhead motors on this page

http://www.herbach.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HAR&Category_Co de=DCGEARHEAD