Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A very senior moment...

In article ,
geoff wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes

To be fair, it often does not need to go as far as speaking to a rep -
usually a reactivation via touch tone fone will fix it on a motherboard
upgrade - especially if the original has been activated for some time.

Ploughman killed my PC by proxy

^^^^^^^^^
Ahem. ;-)

It died last night from dodgy caps

Bought a new mbd today and it decided I needed to reactivate windows

... which I did over the internet - quite straightforward and painless

How did you know Windows needed reactivating? Does it give a warning?

FWIW, I gave up with trying to use a cloned disc from the other machine
and did a clean install. And nowhere did it ask for me to enter an
'administrative' password.

--
*If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.