Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Aug 2, 11:02*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , " wrote:

On Aug 2, 6:57=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Bill wrote:
Could you advise me on sand-paper (I really mean "screen"), in the
context of putting up drywall. =A0I bought Stanley's book on drywall two
days ago and, to my surprise, this was not addressed.

I was going to get 120 grit (medium) and 220 grit (fine), since that is
what is offered at Lowes. =A0 My guess is that the 120 is for (heavier)
setting compound and the 220 is for the finishing compound.

That's what I use.

Same.

I also use one of these to control the dust:http://www.amazon.com/MT800-S=

and-Kleen-Sander-System/dp/B00005A1K8

Got mine at Home Depot about four, five years ago. Not sure if they still sell
them or not -- it doesn't seem to be on their website. The product is great,
and so is the manufacturer: I dropped the sanding head off the top of a ladder
onto a concrete floor and cracked part of it. Called them to order a
replacement -- told them exactly what happened, so they knew it wasn't a
warranty claim -- and they sent a complete new sanding head, free of charge,
by Priority Mail. I had it in two days.

I have one of those, too. *It doesn't have the water filter on it,
though. *I've found that the screen makes larger dust particles (than
sand paper) so a shop vac has no problems with it. *It will plug a
filter, though. *I wonder if a Dust Deputy would help.

Heck, the water filter is the best feature. It catches 90% of the dust; very
little actually makes it through to the shopvac.

....and you can recycle the dust into new mud! ;-)