Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A very senior moment...

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

Hmm, must be an odd version of the XP disk - I frequently do repair
installs of XP from OEM copies of the disk, and never have any
difficulty preserving the existing apps etc. Have you got another XP CD
to try?

Only the one - as I said I bought and paid for it. It wasn't supplied
with a ready made computer. Says on it 'for distribution with a new PC
only. For product support contact the manufacturer of your PC'. Which I
suppose is me. ;-)

So it is possible it doesn't have 'everything' on it.

There's only one thing likely to be missing from it. A legitimate
licence...

It is genuine and has the product key. Bought from a long established
reputable supplier. IIRC, the only real difference from a 'full' price
version is no paper handbook.

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.