Subw00er

Default Milwaukee Hammer Drill or regular cordless....

A hammer drill is not what you are looking for, it provides a impact force
to the bit while drillling to help get through tough materials, namely
concrete/bricks. The Milwaukee are suppposed to be great tools. I have
several cordless Dewalt drills and am very happy with all of them. Get at
least a 14V and you cant go wrong. The XRP series is great, stronger with
faster charging battery but it is heavier and can wear on the arm if you use
it a lot and are not used to the weight. The basic 14V cordless version is a
great drill and I use that primarily, even though I have the XPR stuff. I do
put the XPR battery in it though, they are interchangeable with the standard
14.4V packs.

"Sam" wrote in message
m...
Okay, I'm sort of clueless here....but I need a drill to just do some
general tasks around the house. Nothing large at least yet, but I
might as well just buy one drill and keep it for the rest of my life
(or at least 20 years).

After looking around the web I'd sort of decided to buy the Milwaukee
0622-24 18 Volt 1/2" Lok-Tor Driver/Drill Kit but then I realized that
for $10 more I could get the 0624 which appears to be identical except
for the "hammer" feature.

I don't think I have any reason for a hammer drill, but is it true
that the drill will be the same besides the hammer option?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Sam