IMM

Default water pipes in new houses

"David" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks to those who gave positive and helpful responses. Sadly, no thanks

those who tried to start a flame war. As a new comer to this newsgroup I

was
disappointed to see that such happenings, which often kill off newsgroups,
are prevalent here.
Anyway back to the topic...
I still don't really understand the pros and cons of plastic over copper
piping.
For example:

How do you join it and is it easier to join and repair than copper and are
the joints more trust worthy over time or not?

Joints are childsplay (Speedfit is made by a toy maker). In most cases you
push in the pipe and that is it. There are brass and copper pushfit fitting
for copper pipe. This is the better pushfit method. Copper pipe does not
sag when hot. Plastic is better suited for cold supplies.

I guess an advantage would be that it might absorb acoustic noise better
than cooper but what are the negatives.

I have not noticed any real difference.

The deterioration of copper over time is well known but what about plastic
carrying hot water over, say, 20 years. Better or worse or as I suspect

not
proven.

Some has been around for 20 years, but fitting design changes by the year
(If my memory is correct, Hepworth are in their 3rd re-design), so not
proven. Copper will not deteriorate if treated correctly.

This is the sort of factual information I was hoping to get and would be
grateful to receive good advise on .
Thanks again
Dave

---