Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Interesting pig roaster

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Pete C." fired this volley in
news:4c55f0bd$0$24211 :

portion everything out to roughly single portions (since I'm single),
then Foodsaver vac bag and freeze for future use. Perhaps I'll do two
briskets for the birthday smoke so I have one to restock my freezer.

Well, I wasn't kidding. I ran out to the "big freezer" and got a
bag. We had brisket from five weeks ago. And, y'know... I think
it's more tender the second time around!

LLoyd

I'm sure glad I mentioned it ! I usually do pork , shoulders or butts . Coat
'em well with my own dry rub , then put 'em on at around 225-250 for an
average of 1.5 hours/pound . I've been using some cherry lately , the tree
on the empty lot next door mysteriously fell over one day .
The one time I did brisket it had a great flavor and the prettiest smoke
ring , but was kinda chewy . I smoked it at around the same temps as for
pork , but apparently not quite long enough . Around Memphis Tn it's pretty
common to wrap a brisket in foil for the last coupla hours . Maybe steaming
the collagen also breaks it down ?
--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist