Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32079 Ignoramus32079 is offline

Default Interesting pig roaster

On 2010-08-01, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus32079" wrote

Sure. I can give the sprocket the right profile with a lathe or CNC
mill, no problems. I do not have a heat treating oven (I have one
right now, but I will get rid of it as I have no room).

At 5 rpm, and with the ability to make as needed, heat treating would be
overkill. Yeah, they would last longer, but just how long do they have to
last when you use it 4-8 hours a month?

If that. I agree with you. Who gives a fsck about heat treating. If it
wears out, I will just reuse the same G code as I used to make it. But
it will not, of course, wear out.