Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Hey Iggy

"Ignoramus32079" wrote in message
On 2010-08-01, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus32079" wrote in message
On 2010-08-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 01:43:40 -0500, Ignoramus28671
wrote:

Are none of those links they list to various CAM packages any good?
Seems
to me you would rather be making chips than writing code.

I have not even started looking at CAM. I have no idea. I am trying
to cover the basics and learn G code the hard way. I have discovered
that learning things the hard way is the best way to learn.

Parachuting, hunting russian boar with a knife, self defense in the
inner city......ayup....best way.....

Nobody hunts boars with knives.

Uh, sorry, but an old javelina-hunting buddy of mine did just that, with
European boar, and had the guide shoot a video. It's creepy. However, it
was
on a hunting preserve somewhere in the Southeastern US, not in the wild.

IIRC, the pig weighed around 400 pounds. I've lost track of the guy, but
probably could track him down. I'd have to make some calls to remember
his
name.

The guy was pretty gentle, too. He was a quail hunter who went rogue.
d8-)

Shocking!

He was a pioneer in the field of extreme bloodsports. g

I have to call my old friend Tony Mandile, former editor of _Arizona
Hunter_, anyway. I'll see if he remembers the guy's name. It was Todd
something. Maybe he even has the video online somewhere.

--
Ed Huntress