Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Interesting pig roaster

Ignoramus28671 wrote:

On 2010-08-01, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus28671 wrote:

On 2010-08-01, azotic wrote:

"Ignoramus28671" wrote in message
On 2010-07-31, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus28671" wrote in message
This one was a rental at a party where I am right now.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Pig-Roaster.jpg

Would be great to make one like this.

The motors, this low RPM (5-8) are hard to find actually.

DC motor with a pwm controller should get you in the range.
With variable speed you could experiment with a variety of
different meats, poultry, fish, and veggies. Bodine dc gearhead
motors used to be fairly cheap on ebay. CNC cooker ?

Yes, and no, because you lose on the power. I am glad that Steve B
finds so many low RPM gearmotors. I never found any. I can buy one
from Steve if he wants to part with one. I need 5-15 RPM.

I can make my own custom sprockets now with CNC.

Yes, but unless they are particularly large, it's cheaper and easier to
just buy them, Tractor Supply and similar have common ones retail cheap,
and Surpluscenter and similar have full lines cheap for the ordering.

I already looked in surpluscenter and did not find any.

5-10 RPM gearmotors are VERY rare.

I was referring to sprockets.

Surpluscenter periodically has low RPM gear motors, their availability
varies.