Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Interesting pig roaster

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:11:18 -0500, Ignoramus28671

On 2010-07-31, Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus28671" wrote in message
This one was a rental at a party where I am right now.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Pig-Roaster.jpg

Would be great to make one like this.

Simple for a welder to make, and I see those motors a lot at yard sales. I
have two that I bought for tumblers. $2 each.

I will try to make one. Need to find cheap 10 ga steel sheet though.

In our area of central PA, they make them out of old 275 gal oil
tanks. They split them lengthwise and hinge them. You of course
can't use an oxy-acetylene torch because of the explosion hazard of
cutting a drum formerly containing a petroleum product. They must use
a sawzall or a nibbler. I never spoke to someone who had made one,
but I dimly recall someone telling me you had to burn out the old
sludge before you could grill with them.

RWL