Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28671 Ignoramus28671 is offline

Default Harbor Freight family feud

On 2010-08-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 20:59:30 -0500, Ignoramus28671

On 2010-08-01, Gunner Asch wrote:

Ill buy an adapter to use a more common Bayonet on the Finn 39s if you
make them.

Thats Free Enterprise....

That's what I wanted, to use a spike bayonet on this M39.

Chaarge!

Spikes are ok, but they dont have any decent cutting ability and the
blade is far too narrow to break bones, bust ribs and whatnot.

But they do come out easier....

Perhaps something like these would be better?

http://cgi.ebay.com/D2-Steel-Handmad...-/320566969591
http://cgi.ebay.com/K5-BAYONET-AND-S...-/320566968247
http://cgi.ebay.com/D2-Steel-Handmad...-/320567720347

I do not like any of them.

Ive got spikes on about 1/3rd of my SMLEs..the rest are good steel
blades sharpened well. And of course..some of my other arms have
bayonets as well.

I really hope that I could never need to be bayonetting anyone, this
is all for appearance only.

A blade can be a marvelous impliment in the proper circumstances. And
few people pay a lot of attention to a spike, unless they know what can
be done with one. A nice sharp blade on the other hand...they tend to
instinctivly shy away from.....Which is a good thing. Prevents one from
actually having to use it at times.

Which is a very good thing, no?

Bayonet adds to the length of the rifle and is mostly a disadvantage.

On the other hand..some bayonets simply arent worth mounting....

http://cgi.ebay.com/German-1898-Kurz...-/260642814936
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRITISH-P-1879-A...-/320568219088
http://cgi.ebay.com/WWI-ORIGINAL-GER...-/290428277793

and so forth....

Now this one..may be of value...

http://cgi.ebay.com/GERMAN-Wire-cutt...-/250672421426

This is an AK bayonet. It is very practical because it can be used to
cut wire and do other things.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9