Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Interesting pig roaster

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Wes fired this volley in
:

A real pig roaster is made out of a fuel oil tank cut so you have a
hinged cover. Then you have a couple propane burners protected by a
couple discs from a farm implement.

Wes... that might be the colloquial way where you live. There are _many_
ways to roast that pig properly.

Yup, I is a country bumpkin.

All require a vessel which acts as an oven, along with a way to provide a
fire that usually heats the oven indirectly so flare-ups can't occur, and
never using anything but wood or charcoal for the initial cooking/smoking
(although propane is variously "acceptable" for the "sustain" part of the
cooking).

Smoking would really add to the flavor. I love smoked meat. First time I had something
smoked, Uncle Carl bought a smoked Coho on our way up to Canada. Damn that was good
eating. Screw McDonalds.

I have a rule, I don't argue religion or BBQ. Political arguements are far safer

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller