Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight family feud

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:51:10 -0500, Ignoramus28671

On 2010-07-31, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Hawke fired this volley in news:i329aq$k9f
:

Allowing billionaires to pass on gigantic
sums of money to its offspring is actually harmful to the country and
should not be allowed, and that is what the majority has pretty much
always believed, and still does

And without classifying myself as "the rich", because I'll never be
charged an estate tax -- that's complete bull****.

IF I want to spend my career ensuring that my children never have to work
as hard as I did, then that is my right. _I_ produced the effort. _I_
made the choice to pass it on. _I_ am not "depriving society" of anything
by doing so; in fact, I've enriched society with the jobs I've created,
and the taxes I've paid while doing it.

The estate tax is theft, pure and simple. It is a deliberate attempt by
government to destroy the efforts put forth by people who just happen to
be _more_productive_ than the masses.

I hope that there is some reasonable point between these two views,
which is to simply charge a modest estate tax, like 35-45%.

What does the State Do to deserve 1/3 to 1/2 of your or my money?????

Hummmmmm????

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9