Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A very senior moment...

In article ,
Howard Neil wrote:

In article4aSdnWSKvvzMus7RnZ2dnUVZ8narnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk,
Andy wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I was hoping someone knew the default administrative password,

There is no default, search for Peter Nordahl's windows password
recovery (bootable floppy/CD/USB)

I'm confused. Are you saying each installation makes up it's own
password? As I said I've never entered one for this. Nor been asked to
enter one when doing the original installation.

Just checking, it is a Windows password you are looking for, is it? Not
a BIOS password?

Windows. When trying to use the repair console on the installation CD, it
asks for the administration password.

I ask because Advent computers have a nasty habit of suddenly putting in
a password for the BIOS and not telling you what it is.

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.