Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A very senior moment...

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article4aSdnWSKvvzMus7RnZ2dnUVZ8narnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk,
Andy wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I was hoping someone knew the default administrative password,

There is no default, search for Peter Nordahl's windows password
recovery (bootable floppy/CD/USB)

I'm confused. Are you saying each installation makes up it's own password?

When XP first boots during install, it asks you to create an account
"Dave" or whatever, and set a password for that, it also creates an
Administrator account with the same password.

You get the chance to create a handful of other accounts at the same time.

As I said I've never entered one for this. Nor been asked to enter one
when doing the original installation.

Then it sounds like a customised install CD that does that has some
defaults embedded in it ... all bets are off