Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A very senior moment...

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

The usual way to hack most XP installs is to start in safe mode,
ctl-alt-del to get the password screen, use administrator with no
password. This is because most users don't actually use administrator
and don'y change the password or disable the account.

But administrator doesn't default to blank password, it inherits the
same password that the first created user is given (so if *that* was
blank you may be in luck).

I'm the only one who has done anything to these machines and haven't ever
entered an administrative password. I'm called 'Dave' as administrator.
That isn't the administrative password. I've tried all the passwords I use
for other things too.

--
*Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.