Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Summerhouse roof

On 31 July, 17:33, Bill wrote:
Son's new garden has a really lovely summerhouse with three triangular
roof panels at each end and front and back squarish panels between them.

The roof panels are made of quite posh tongue and groove and between
each panel there is a decorative vertical piece of sculpted wood making
an attractive and strong looking structure.

Inside, there is power and light, all looking very professional in pyro.
The roof has no felt or anything and the whole wooden structure has been
paonyed at some time with what looks like one of the water based garden
shed paints - the type the peels off everywhere I've used it. There have
been roof leaks in the recent massive rainfall.

Because of the roof structure and decorative nature, anything like felt
would be very difficult, so we were wondering about some sort of heavy
duty flexible paint to slop on and hope it would run into the cracks and
gaps and seal the roof. It would need to be a more appropriate colour
than black or whit and access to the front is OK, but the back is more
of a problem because of trees and a wall.

What paint or any better ideas?
--
Bill

Silicone sealant?