Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Milling a deep pocket, chip clearance

Ed Huntress wrote:
It's a good thing you weren't caught. g In my area, we have free disposal
of hazardous waste in small quantities like that. It's better than having it
wind up in the waste processing system. And it's a whole lot better than
getting caught dumping it in the sewer.

I'm a home shop, not a major industrial waste producer. I did scoop out
most of the muck, but I had to scrub the tank clean.

I'm pretty sure in my area this is still legal.

Yeah, in some places it probably is illegal to wash your hands in the
sink after doing an oil change on your car.

At work, we've been pretty much told that NOTHING can be dumped down the
drains or thrown in the trash.
After cleaning parts with solvent and paper towels, I throw the paper
towels in a hazmat drum, and I worry when it gets
full we'll have to pay $1000 to have paper towels properly disposed of.
I put all my electronic scrap (solder blobs,
wire clippings, etc.) in a waste container and will have to have that
disposed of, too.

Jon