Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default How to screw a tin-can (for pencils) to wood surface (so won'tfall off)?

In article ,
J Burns wrote:
TimR wrote:

I'd use a hot glue gun. Put a quick dab of glue on the shelf, stick
the can down, done. Secure, but easily removable.

Gorilla Glue also seems to be removable.

Hey, THAT'S scary! "REMOVABLE"? Geez, I've been RELYING on that
stuff sticking FOREVER!

It sets up in a couple of hours.

Long ago, I spent a dollar or two on a screwdriver magnetizer at Radio
Shack. That way I can magnetize my favorite screwdrivers when needed.

Too bad, the Radio Shack of long ago has no resemblance to the Radio
Shack of today! Man, I have this big (analog, of course) VOM that
I bought whata, 40 years ago, 50?, and it still works PERFECTABLY today.

No longer possible.

----

With luck, they'll still sell something like that.

But a lot cheaper to use a strong refrig-magnet, to either
temporarily or permanently magnetize the screwdriver.

Thanks!

David