Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC low freon?

House call. Three or four hours labor. They may want to recover all
the old freon and put in all new freon. I'm not sure what others
charge. But, I'd work it out as 60 trip charge (local to me). $50 an
hour labor, and $30 a pound for refrigerant. That could total out $400
without too much effort. Sounds like they aren't too far off. It's
still a pile of money.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ransley" wrote in message

What should the job cost, I have a quote of 470 for the total job, the
initial service trip and tomorrow another tech come by to fix the leak
and recharge it. I am having them do it since they installed it, are a
quality company and warranty the repair. But its like anything else,
you charge what the market bears - what ever you can get.