Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default How to screw a tin-can (for pencils) to wood surface (so won't fall off)?

In article ,
The Post Quartermaster wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Go to Office Depot and pick up some double sided sticky foam
tape. It comes in different thicknesses or you can layer it.
I have tons of the stuff because it comes with all kinds of
telecom gear that I have installed. It can be amazingly strong
when used correctly. I can't imagine that your pencil holders
will be subjected to extreme forces requiring epoxy or mechanical
fasteners. Heck, use Velcro so you can easily empty any crap
that invariably collects in pencil holders.

TDD

That would be my suggestion. Velcro strip wrapped all the way around
the can and a piece on he wall and it's done. You can put the can back
with your eyes closed. I use those small red plastic coffee cans.
Light and hold a lot.

Yeah, that velcro-on-the-BOTTOM idea is really good.

Now the wrap-AROUND-the-can (and stick to the wall) --
that opens other possibilities of where to put the can!

And leaves me more room for books, too!

David