Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default AC low freon?

On Jul 30, 1:59*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Jul 30, 2:28*pm, "Pete C." wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Wow, you guys can't help it if I don't charge enough. 300 for a leak
check, and 500 to fix one braze joint, and refil the system? Eight
c'notes sounds like a lot of money, to me.

Considering that they legally have to drag a refrigerant recovery
machine out to recover the refrigerant from the system before they can
braze it, and the recovery process takes some time, then they have to
evacuate the system and recharge it, it's probably not a lot of money.

No, it is a bit high. *Doesn't take all that long to pump the
remaining down into the compressor. *Then recover what's left if any
in the lines. *Then braze, vacuum, and charge. *Unless there is some
other issues 2 or 3 hours max.

What should the job cost, I have a quote of 470 for the total job, the
initial service trip and tomorrow another tech come by to fix the leak
and recharge it. I am having them do it since they installed it, are a
quality company and warranty the repair. But its like anything else,
you charge what the market bears - what ever you can get.