Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx Fredxx is offline

Default Hanging a radiator on a studded wall

"Cash" wrote in message
Fredxx wrote:
"Cash" wrote in message
Fredxx wrote:
How would the people here do this? What fixings and methods?

I'm assuming that the studs are not going to line-up with any
brackets. I'm hoping that the plasterboard is going to be the 1/2"
variety.

If you miss the studs and have to fix to the plasterboards, I have
good results over the years with hollow wall anchors when fixing the
radiator brackets to paramount boards etc.

Link supplied below showing what I mean - scroll down about half-way.

http://www.priorityind.net/index.php...art=0&limit=50

If there are problems with the 'wrap' try this tinyurl link.

http://tinyurl.com/2wqkm8s

Many thanks. If one bracket ends up being over a stud, I'd certainly
uses hollow wall anchors the other end. I do feel that it needs to
take more than the weight of the radiator in case someone leans on it
rather heavily.

Fredxx,

Have no worries about people leaning on the rad causing problems.

I have used them on Paramount partions (2 pieces of plasterboard back to
back with 'egg crating' between (no studding) with no problems in public
buildings, offices and houses (including mine) to support large rads,
shelving etc.

What you have to do is take care that the holes for them are of the
correct diameter and they 'crush' tight to the back of the plasterboard -
and don't overtighten the bolts when you fit the rad brackets.

Thanks, that gives me some confidence.