Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC low freon?

Wow, you guys can't help it if I don't charge enough. 300 for a leak
check, and 500 to fix one braze joint, and refil the system? Eight
c'notes sounds like a lot of money, to me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ransley" wrote in message

I got lucky a few minutes ago, the tech came out fast, and a big leak
was found on the copper elbow on a pipe comming out at the top of the
compressor, so a guy is comming back to braise it. Even more lucky
since he wanted 300$ to use his sniffer to do a leak test, I heard it
comming out and first try hit the leak with my finger, its a big leak
and I saw vapor. But he said they will replace the pipe, why cant they
remove and clean and reuse what is there? 300 for a leak test? I bet
it will be, hope no more than 500 for a brazing and refill, he said
the system must be evacuated to braise it, so does 500 seem about the
price they will charge, maybe I should call for a price first. Well at
least its not looking like a new unit which would have to be next
year, and im lucky since its 72 out, the coolest day in a over a month