Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Any suggestions for respirators

wrote in message

I'm looking to get a half mask organic vapor respirator. Knowing how I
am I am sure that I will not use it as often as I should if the thing
is either too uncomfortable or too hard to put on and take off. If
you Google "comfortable respirator" every company claims theirs is the
most comfortable respirator on the market.

I got one of these from Hell Depot a couple of years back and then they
stopped selling them so I had to hunt down a safety supply company that had
replacement filters. But now Woodcraft has them, and I've stockpiled spare
filters.

It's easy to clean, easy to change filters, and I've had no trouble getting
it to seal on my face. "Comfortable"--well, you know, it's never bothered
me enough that I've removed it when I should have been wearing it. You can
drop the mask down so it hangs from the lower strap when you don't need it
but you'd have to remove your hardhat to do that (or at least remove it to
put the top strap on your head when you need the mask again).

http://www.woodcraft.com/Catalog/Pro...e-394a8e10603e