Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 00:34:50 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
What's to know about 3 little wires and 2 little voltages? chortle
Besides, ya gotcher book to refer to. Once read, you should have no
questions, right? ;^)

Thirty some years ago, while adjusting the temperature of the water heater,
I welded a screwdriver to one of the little wires.

Yeah, about 35 years ago, I "saw the sun" on the back of a 240v power
supply on a 50a breaker in the Engineering lab at SouthCom (not the
military one, but an early freq synth manpack radio builder.) when my
screwdriver became the conduit for that bit of power. I was QA and in
their lab as a favor, and they were NOT amused. It seems that I had
forgotten to turn off that circuit breaker on the bench before
removing that first wire from the p/s. It flipped up and hit the
second via the screwdriver when I realized my error. Luckily, I didn't
soil the stool in the Engineering Lab that day, but it was close.

BUT WE LEARNED OUR LESSONS, DIDN'T WE, AND NEVER DID THAT AGAIN?

--
To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle.
-- Confucius