Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default drilling through tile

On Jul 30, 6:32*am, ransley wrote:
On Jul 30, 3:17*am, Uno wrote:

My client has prospective in-laws coming in on Saturday, and I've got a
hot date by 6 pm Friday at the latest, so I've got to get squared away
on this within 12 hours or so.

I have to drill through bathroom tile so as to be able to fasten one of
those crescent shower curtain deals.

I was thinking I would drill a small pilot hole, then come after with
the rotary drill and a hammer drill bit sans hammer. *I was thinking the
bits that I tend to have around would be perfect forthis, as they would
otherwise be used for tap-cons.

My client has said that there is backerboard behind. *Instead of trying
to throw in an anchor, I would bring on a 3/32, and **** on it, use my
own screws. *Their's aren't even ferromagnetic.

All I gotta do is get two screws fastened level--up and down, one inch
apart, on either side.

How about going into the grout instead?

Anyways, your experience and comments are appreciated.
--
Uno

How about Velcro or glue it down, a sheet metal screw with phillips
head or one for a socket is better than a wood screw, the right
screwdriver or socket will hold the the screw and no need to predrill
the wood.- Hide quoted text -

This response was posted to the other thread about the pencil can, I
dont know how it happened.