Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Milling a deep pocket, chip clearance

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
news
Ed Huntress wrote:

Carry it to the *sink*?? What do you do with it when you get it to the
sink?

Dump the crap out, wash it out with hot water, then refill, add
concentrate and put back on the mill. There was a period from 2002-2006
or so when I rarely used the mill, just everything was real slow, and I
used oil and no coolant. The tank dried out and had all sorts of gunk in
it. When I started using coolant again, I had to scrub the sump out.

Jon

It's a good thing you weren't caught. g In my area, we have free disposal
of hazardous waste in small quantities like that. It's better than having it
wind up in the waste processing system. And it's a whole lot better than
getting caught dumping it in the sewer.

--
Ed Huntress