Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Milling a deep pocket, chip clearance

Jon Elson wrote:

Ignoramus6705 wrote:

Lloyd, so how does it work, the coolant blasts away the chips or just
carries them with a flow? I guess I should try. I need to look into
the pedestal of my mill, there is supposed to be a cooant pump and
reservoir.

Yucch! Bleah! What a hideous idea that was!
I have a 3 gallon rectangular tank sitting next to my mill. Everything
is out in the open, making it easy to work on. I have a Plexiglas piece
over the tank to stop evaporation. I only clean this once every couple
years, but sure appreciate I can disconnect a couple hoses and carry it
to the sink.

Jon

If he does indeed have the pump in there, he can always relocate it to
an external tank for ease of maintenance.