Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Milling a deep pocket, chip clearance

Ignoramus6705 wrote:

Lloyd, so how does it work, the coolant blasts away the chips or just
carries them with a flow? I guess I should try. I need to look into
the pedestal of my mill, there is supposed to be a cooant pump and
reservoir.

Yucch! Bleah! What a hideous idea that was!
I have a 3 gallon rectangular tank sitting next to my mill. Everything
is out in the open, making it easy to work on. I have a Plexiglas piece
over the tank to stop evaporation. I only clean this once every couple
years, but sure appreciate I can disconnect a couple hoses and carry it
to the sink.

Jon