Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A very senior moment...

In article ,
chunkyoldcortina wrote:
I've been trying to clone the HD on one PC and put that into another
to save reloading in everything since both machines are similar. I've
used a free utility called HDcopy which reckons it can do this.

On installing the clone in the other PC it starts to load XP then
locks up. I've tried repair using the XP installation CD, but that
demands an administrative password. Which I've never actually bothered
with, so I assume is the default one. I do have my administrator one -
but that's not the same thing.

I have all the original installation CDs for the progs I use - was
just trying to save some time.

Extremely senior. I read this message from you yesterday.

Then you need to keep up. The similar one was posted on Monday.

--
*A backward poet writes inverse*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.