Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Milling a deep pocket, chip clearance

Iggy sez:

On production VMCs, they
blast a stream of coolant into the work area at 200 PSI, and that sure
takes care of chip removal. But what can a poor fellow like me do?

Ig, I'm thinking of putting down a piece of seamless flooring where the
mill sits, and just hanging heavy vinyl curtains around the work area. I
don't feel the personal need to watch every cut a mill makes. As long as
the curtains were transparent enough to let me see that no really large
components had fallen off the mill, that would be good enough.

LLoyd