Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default (2): A/C ~10Kbtu/hr -- tries 10 or 20 times before compressorturns on.

In article ,
jamesgangnc wrote:
On Jul 26, 8:08*am, The Daring Dufas

Got ya. Obvious now that you point it out. I agree, the cord/plug/
receptacle is the first place to look. People are always plugging
those big window shakers into a wall outlet that is backstabbed and
often near the end of a long 14 gauge run. Gets hot day one and goes
downhill from there.

Years ago, I had an extra circuit put in for just that socket.

Yes, I'd better scrape off the male plug -- how to do the female
part, I don't know -- and if one is cruddy, the other probably is too?

David