Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Poison ivy

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:32:40 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

mm wrote:

On 07/28/10 01:24 pm, mm wrote:

I think I saw on the tv news that because of warmth or something,
this will be a big year for poison ivy, or was that manta rays?

Yes, it was both poison ivy and manta rays, and jelly fish, that are
flourishing in the hot weather.

Old news from the alarmists, getting dredged up in time for summer.

The same stories didn't mention global warming, only the hot summer.
They might have run the same stories in other hot summers, but that
doesn't mean they're false, and your urls below don't suggest they are
false.

The last story of every network evening new show is rarely very
important. They're called "human interest" stories, and I found it
interetsig that these three things are flourishing this year. I'm not
alarmed, and I don't think they intended to alarm anyone.

If the stinging jellyfish are closer to shore, as they are some
places, the lifeguards or someone will probably tell the swimmers. Is
that all right with you?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13046200/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Jon