Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Bill" wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:57:25 -0400, wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:51:48 -0400, wrote
the
following:

I would like to test out the first outlet on each of the new
circuits I
added before I install insulation and drywall. I tested the
first one by actually installing an outlet, but I see little
point in
wasting time/wire.

That doesn't waste wire. Why would it?!?

Because my book suggested I clip and restrip a wire once it's been
"used".

What book are you using? Reason I ask is there is a Huge Recall of
wiring books published in the past ten or so years. You can find a
list
he

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10104.html

951,000 Books!

Yes, I bought my book after that list came out ("Stanley's Complete
Wiring"). The only technical details from the book that I relied on
were concerning the "wire space" of an electrical box. The book covers
a lot of ground for a home-owner, but none deeply. For instance, the
concept of "running boards" wasn't touched on. It's more of a "repair"
or "add a light or ceiling fan" book. The last 3 pages or so are
dedicated to adding a subpanel.

Bill

Didn't your subpanel just short out?

Yes, You can read the complete story here.

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

To my surprise, it only took me 30 minutes to diagnose and fix it.
What is your point, that I should have bought a different book?

Maybe the instructions were flawed?

I'd say they were incomplete. You think I should sue for the anxiety they
caused me?

No.