Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Poison ivy

On Jul 28, 3:45*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jul 28, 4:28*pm, ransley wrote:

On Jul 28, 1:33*pm, Tony wrote:

mm wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 04:25:34 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I detox after poision ivy exposure with a rag wet with gasoline.
Figuring it will kill whatever is on me

It might not be alive to begin with.

Exactly. *I never heard of living oil, poison ivy oil or any other. *If
oil was living, we could just keep harvesting new crude oil instead of
drilling for more!

The active ingrediant of poison ivy is termed an oil, Eurushiol. Thats
why it can stay active 12 months on tools, clothing etc. Soapy water
is the quickest way to wash it off, but getting it off quickly is most
important. You can walk throught it or your pet does and that night
take off your shoes or pet yout dog, rub your eyes, take a ****, and
the next morning be itching.

3 weeks ago my buddy went out for a bike ride. His front tire slipped
off the pavement and he crashed face first into a pile of Poison Ivy.
The bruises got better in a week or so and he fixed the bike. He was
thinking he got lucky with the Poison Ivy.

I got an email last night. His arms and face are showing the tell-tale
rash and he's beginning to itch.- Hide quoted text -

When I was pulling and burning poison ivy vines I didnt shower that
night, I was partying big time, My face, arms, where I scratched and
used the bathroom, about everywhere in a few days got me, 2 treatments
of seriods failed, my arms has 250 or so welts some the size of dimes
and 1/4"high, the hospital wanted me admitted and said its so bad it
has to be something else. It affected my health from breathing it for
years and spontaniously re appeared every 6 months for maybe 3 years
on my fingers. I felt for along time like I would die and couldnt
work. Itching was a nightmare. Then I didnt know poison ivy grew as a
vine, I was clearing land and soaked in the poison and in the smoke as
we burnt it. That day ruined the rest of my summer. I wonder what the
Indians did. I could imagine it being used to torture people, by being
tied into a patch for a few days. So any 3 leaf plant scares me, but I
pulled some the other day by mistake and just used a bar of soap amd
water and im fine.