Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Poison ivy

DerbyDad03 wrote:

As an aside, I just found an excellent way to relieve the itching from
Poison Ivy, having recently come in contact with some.

Use a blow dryer. Blow dry the area for a minute or so at the highest
heat you can stand - just don't burn your skin. The itching will get
really intense and then suddenly disappear.

Go on, Google it and see. People rave about it and now I do too.

It has something to do with both drying out the oozing from the rash
as well as fooling the nerves with the heat. I "blew dry" the rash and
the itching would go away for 6 - 8 hours at a time.

I've always done this in the shower, with increasingly hot water.

Jon