Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Poison ivy

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:19:30 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 07/28/10 01:24 pm, mm wrote:

I think I saw on the tv news that because of warmth or something, this
will be a big year for poison ivy, or was that manta rays?

My wife is suffering from a poison ivory attack at present. At 9am when
she bought some stuff at the drugstore to alleviate the itching, the
checkout person said, "What's going on here? You're the third person
who's bought this stuff already today!"

Perce

Yes, it was both poison ivy and manta rays, and jelly fish, that are
flourishing in the hot weather.

I found that rHuli-spray is very good for poison ivy, but that was 10
years ago. When I went looking for more 5 years ago, no one sold it
and it wasn't on the net.

They still have rHuli-cream and/or rHuli-gel. I didn't want that
because I didn't want to touch the area with poison ivy. I thought
that would start it itching again. But they are both topical
anesthetics and the sprray worked for 4 hours iirc, maybe more, which
was pretty darn good.

I've never gotten anywhere with calaimine lotion. I hear it soaks up
the seepage but I don't care about the seepage. I care about the
itching. So what is the point of calamine lotion?

Hmmm. ONe guy on the web says rHuli-spray is sold at Walmart (and I'm
sure lots of other places) by Band-Aid under the name of Calamine
Spray. Well maybe. The original had no calamine anything, but maybe
they think they have to say that, or include that. What it did have
was an skin anesthetic and if it has that, it might be the same thing,
or at least good.

These pages have eveyrone's solutions, good or bad.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2uJRhibvOTIJoisonivy.aesir.com/view/commercial.html+rHuli-spray&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&lr=lang_iw|lang_es| lang_en

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:L_i3q4Mp9GwJoisonivy.aesir.com/view/misc.html+rHuli-spray&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&lr=lang_iw|lang_es| lang_en