Posted to rec.woodworking

Default danish oil on qtr sawn white oak project

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:33:16 -0400, "Larry C"
wrote the following:

Hello

I made a cribbage for a fundraiser this Sat night 7/31. I was going to just
poly it

Heathen!

but thought it may look better with a coat of Danish oil so the
flecks pop a bit.

There ya go!

Can I apply the oil Wed night or Thursday morning and have it be dry for Sat
morn delivery for the auction Sat night?

One coat, which is not enough, would be fairly dry by then.

If not any other ideas are appreciated.

4 coats of wiped-on Waterlox Original, then buff with Johnson's Paste
Wax usind a 0000 steel wool pad on Saturday afternoon.

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.