Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default danish oil on qtr sawn white oak project

On Jul 28, 2:33*pm, "Larry C"
wrote:
Hello

I made a cribbage for a fundraiser this Sat night 7/31. *I was going to just
poly it but thought it may look better with a coat of Danish oil so the
flecks pop a bit.

Can I apply the oil Wed night or Thursday morning and have it be dry for Sat
morn delivery for the auction Sat night?

If not any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Larry C

A coat might be OK but be careful and wipe excess. I got into a time
crunch, with a gift quilt stand several years ago. I stained it and
started doing a full danish finish. I wiped several continuous coats
watching for the soaking process to slow. But then I walked away
without wiping all of the excess. It was done during cool weather and
humidity was not an issue but it took 1-2 days to dry.

RonB