Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default danish oil on qtr sawn white oak project

Larry C wrote:
Hello

I made a cribbage for a fundraiser this Sat night 7/31. I was going to
just poly it but thought it may look better with a coat of Danish oil so
the flecks pop a bit.

Can I apply the oil Wed night or Thursday morning and have it be dry for
Sat morn delivery for the auction Sat night?

One of the wipe-on oils w/ driers, sure. You'll give it a final
buff/rubdown w/ dry cloth that morning but it should be fine.

I've used the Minwax Tung Oil or Original Oil finishes w/ that or
shorter time w/o problems. Being white oak is better than red as
porosity is much less (w/ red I'd recommend a paste filler first).

The only potential way it could possibly be a problem imo would be if
your humidity is also 90%.