Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_12_] Josepi[_12_] is offline

Default danish oil on qtr sawn white oak project

I've done three coats of polyurethane on a blazing hot day, out in the sun,
in the old days, before you could recoat in less than 24 hours. It was hard
as a rock at the end of the evening. I was impressed. Worried the hell out
of me about heat blisters though and I got none at all. Brushed on it was
very smooth.

"Larry C" wrote in message
Hello

I made a cribbage for a fundraiser this Sat night 7/31. I was going to just
poly it but thought it may look better with a coat of Danish oil so the
flecks pop a bit.

Can I apply the oil Wed night or Thursday morning and have it be dry for Sat
morn delivery for the auction Sat night?

If not any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Larry C