Greg G.

Default Workbench top?

Guy LaRochelle said:

Greg,

Do you find that a 6" is large enough or would an 8" be worth the price
difference? Regards. -Guy

I've had no need of a larger one - yet. Very seldom do I use stock
wider than 6", as it tends to cup and twist when wider. The
considerable price jump into the 8" and up jointers is financially
unfeasible for me. Mostly I use it for edge jointing boards for glue
up and straightening framing stock. I have a 13" planer as well -
between the two I have not run into anything reasonable I couldn't
work with. A nice 48" flat-bed drum sander would be nice, but...
FWIW,

Greg G.