Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 00:43:44 -0400, Bill wrote the
following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

It looked here, via your text, as if you had on 3 pairs of gloves, a
fire extinguisher in either hand, and a full NOMEX suit before
installing a single insulated staple over a piece of Romex, Bill.
Perhaps it wasn't so, but it sure sounded like it.shrug

I wore one blue-nitrile glove. The fire-extinguisher was in the corner.

One glove would prevent a cross-body short, the more deadly type. But
a pair might prevent you from frying a finger or hand. I'm truly
surprised that you wore only one glove, or was that one of the steps
in the book? (Your Sparky's Bible?)

As I mentioned before, I think the blue-nitrile glove provides a false
sense of security. I confess to using both hands anyway in some cases,
I was calm as a cucumber.. : )

Whassat? Green as a cuke?

Larry, It's a good thing you weren't standing near my sub-panel the
first time I energized it. The short to the clamp caused a
not-so-subtle effect!

Was your wife standing in the room? BTW, how'd the clamp manage to
short? Got JPGs? Any possibility of that should have been designed
out of panels eons ago. What brand is it?

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.