Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Install bidet on toilet

In article ,
Notat Home wrote:

Higgs Boson wrote:
Dunno if this went through. It's not showing up. Try again.

Looking for real-world experience installing a bidet on existing
toilet. Basically, it's a spray nozzle attached to the water supply.
If anybody's done this, wd appreciate your sharing brand purchased and
if installation was complicated.

TIA

We put a Toto washlet unit when we redid our bathroom. It is very nice:
adjustable warm water, an air dryer, a deodorizer, and a heated seat.

Some of the considerations were that it fits only certain model toilets
(not a problem for us as we were getting a new toilet, too.), it needs
an electric outlet right by the toilet (these are rare, so you will have
a wiring job also, and it was fairly costly (Toto's are not an economy
product). Water supply was no problem, as it runs off the tank supply
(the water is heated electrically). And you need a convenient place to
hang the wireless controller. I think other manufacturers make them,
such as panasonic, and might cost less than the Toto, but our Toto has
performed flawlessly for over 7 years now.

I confess to not understanding the appeal of a bidet. I think if I
needed one, what I'd really need is a shower.